Sunday, January 10, 2010

Jan 9, 2010- Back to Tri-training!


In a previous blog, I wrote that I would be setting my goal of completing a 1/2 Ironman and several other triathlon races this year, and I intend on doing so. So, how's my training going? Well, I had a shoulder injury from swimming in late November, which proved to be a longer-than-expected set-back to my training (yeah, can you believe it?! The irony....), then I hurt my left knee (IT band pain, if you're curious) last month. I felt somewhat defeated, and searched for a good divine reason as to why my joints were falling apart when I've been injury-free for the past few years. I decided to listen to my body and rested (at the expense of my formerly trim waistline).

FINALLY, last week, I started up in the pool, I fixed up my knee and shoulder during the rest time, and now I'm getting back on my training schedule.

So far, I'm scheduled for a 1/2 marathon in Asbury Park this coming April. Wyckoff is coming up again in June as well as the NJ State olympic distance triathlons. Hoping to get into the Eagleman 1/2 Ironman as a charity participant, but not guaranteed. Thankfully, the sport is growing and more and more races are popping up each year.

More on tri-training next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment