Monday, January 4, 2010

"Always keep in mind what's really important"


Of all the things I could do on Christmas morn', the Yoo clan decided to check out, "The Princess and the Frog". Man, what a heart-felt flick. Didn't expect the Adam's apple flutter while watching a cartoon! Anyway, the one line that moved me was when Tiana's (the heroine) late father emphasized in a loving way to "always keep in mind what's really important." It was obvious that he was alluding to the fact that while life may be busy as we pursue our all-consuming ambitious endeavors, we cannot and must not discount the relationships we have in our lives and, of course, love. The last three years were truly a blur for me when I think out my family life.

Working part-time jobs to make ends meet in the first year of business and doing my best to accommodate patients at wee-early and way-late hours were trying times back then. Fast forward two years and here I am, two practices later, working on getting the patient to get our two locations flowing and growing, yet not seeing my kids and wife for days at a time had become a source of conflict in my personal life- wanting the professional and financial success, but sacrificing the quality life with the fam, is not a path I desire to take any further. 2010 is starting off on the right foot. Learning to be more efficient at work while making a conscious effort to be present (mentally, physically, spiritually) at home is the plan for this year.

Now, how exactly do we fit in triathlon training?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment